Monday, June 13, 2011

DVD Releases for Tuesday June 14, 2011

This is the part of the blog where I tell you what I am buying for the week on DVD. Most of you who know me also know that I like to collect and watch movies at home. Most weeks I buy 1-4 releases. This week I will be buying:
Hall Pass
It has been a long time since There's Something About Mary, and apparently this movie is another attempt by the Farrelly brothers to regain their former glory.  It will be interesting to see if they return to glory or continue their downhill slide.










Battle Los Angeles
This movie was essentially a rip off of Independence Day. Not only was it an unoriginal story but they compounded its stupidity by shooting it as if it were a Call of Duty game.  Every single scene is shot over the shoulder of a soldier.










Red Riding Hood
I like the idea of taking the story of little red riding hood and mixing in the werewolf mythos.  Whether or not this is a success or not I cannot say, but I am interested in seeing this incarnation of the story.










Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son
File this in the category of really? I mean I don't think we really needed a sequel to Big Momma's House. and I am positive we didn't need 2. Yet here it is Big Momma's House 3.










No comments:

Post a Comment