Sunday, May 29, 2011

DVD Releases for Tuesday May 31, 2011

This is the part of the blog where I tell you what I am buying for the week on DVD. Most of you who know me also know that I like to collect and watch movies at home. Most weeks I buy 1-4 releases. This week I will be buying:


Drive Angry
This movie is all kinds of crazy.  It is not good, but it intentionally so. It strives to be one of those terrible B-movies that only gets shown late at night.  It pulls no punches, but the reality is, that it is just bad, but bad with a smile. It was shot in 3-D as if that makes a difference on DVD.









Biutiful
This is by far the best performance of last year by an actor.  Javier Bardem should have won the award this year.  I know that Colin Firth was good, but without question this performance was far and away the best.  Centered around a low level criminal who gains a conscience when he finds out he is dying, it is absolutely heartbreaking.








Legend
Without question this movie sticks in my memory of childhood because the devil/demon/satan man played by Tim Curry gave me nightmares for years.  I absolutely love the style and romantic imagery of this movie.  I know it isn't the best movie, although the director's cut significantly improves upon it, I love it.









Stanely Kubrick: Limited Edition Collection
This set of Kubrick's masterpieces is a fantastic addition to any Blu-Ray library.  If you haven't seen all of these films what is wrong with you, if you have, you know why you should have these movies A.S.A.P

No comments:

Post a Comment