Monday, May 16, 2011

DVD Releases for Tuesday May 17, 2011

This is the part of the blog where I tell you what I am buying for the week on DVD. Most of you who know me also know that I like to collect and watch movies at home. Most weeks I buy 1-4 releases.  This week I will be buying:

The Mechanic
I almost saw this release in the theater.  A remake of a Charles Bronson film, The Mechanic stars Jason Stratham as a hit man out to revenge the murder of his mentor. With the assistance of his mentors son, he attempts to kill all those involved in the murder.









The Rite
Directed by Mikael Hafsrom, The Rite is the story of a doubting priest who faith is restored through the study and practice of Exorcism.  Not as scary as I would have liked, but not half bad as a movie.  Anthony Hopkins stars and basically chews up scenery for 2 hours.









The Roommate
I liked it the first time when it was called Single White Female.  Despite being a rehash, lets be honest, single white female is nearly 20 years old, and the story of a crazy white girl, trying to become another white girl is still kinda fun.










The Other Woman
A small movie from 2009 that got a very limited release this year.  Typically that means it is not a good movie, but it stars Natalie Portman,  Lauren Ambrose and Lisa Kudrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment