Monday, July 18, 2011

DVD Releases for Tuesday July 19, 2011

This is the part of the blog where I tell you what I am buying for the week on DVD. Most of you who know me also know that I like to collect and watch movies at home. Most weeks I buy 1-4 releases. This week I will be buying:

Limitless
This movie surprised me at how good it was. Full of surprises and tension it does what ever good thriller does and thats keep you on your toes. Directed by Neil Berger, who brought us the under appreciated "The Illusionist" a few years ago, The movie is equal parts frantic, fast paced, slick and stylish.









Take Me Home Tonight
Critically dumped on, part of me wonders how bad this movie is. I can't imagine that it is as bad as they say. Yes it is essentially ripping off the concept of 80's nostalgia that Hot Tub Time Machine played upon, and Yes it probably is purely cliche, but honestly who doesn't love the idea of making fun of the decade of excess?








Short week this week. Not a whole lot to get but we have some big weeks ahead of us so maybe they are just letting us save up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment